An emotion I didn't expect was elicted over the weekend. The bassinet that both my baby girls used was one that my parents bought almost 17 years old. All my nieces and nephews have used it. Some more than others. Mia loved it, Emma Grace not so much. Mia actually slept in it every night up until we left for Alabama in mid December. Well, over the weekend, I decided it was time to pack it away. Mia has been in her own room and bed since the day we returned after Christmas, I just couldn't bear to move it out. I am totally fine knowing I am not having more babies, but something inside of me was very sad knowing that the bassinet will not come out for many years.(Atleast I hope, Alison is only 16). It's so sad that now my bedroom has an empty space that once held the bassinet. It really makes me realize how fast my girls are growing up.
Mia sleeping in the bassinet her first night home from the hospital.
Emma Grace in the bassinet her first night home from the hospital. Emma Grace and Mia actually have on the same sleeper/hat. And look, they both slept with their hands above their heads in their early days.
No comments:
Post a Comment